Established in 1989, Ivanho Architect Limited (IAL) is an architecture firm in Hong Kong providing full range of professional services in Architectural Design, Interior Design, Project Management, Urban Planning, Technical Feasibility Studies, Corporate Image and Licensing Consultancy. Our mission is to exchange expertise through effective and reliable professional services, to the satisfaction of our Clients’ needs. To serve our overseas Clients and to deliver our bespoke solutions on a wider scale, Ivanho Design Consultants (Macao) Limited was established in 2005.
With over 30 years of growth, we have been commissioned with projects across various categories, including hotels, prestige houses, residential development, commercial centres / malls, comprehensive development, urban space design, alterations & additions, renovation & refurbishment projects, interior design, project management and licensing consultancy. Striving for an innovative and sustainable built environment, we are honoured to have received the following awards for our projects and developments.
FOUNDER & DIRECTOR
Mr Ho Man Yiu, Ivan
Authorized Person (Architect), Registered Architect, PRC Class 1 Registered Architect Qualification, FHKIA, APEC Architect, RIBA, AHKIArb, BEAM Professional, Shenzhen Registered Architect Association, B.A. (A.S.)(Hons.), B.Arch
As the Director and Founder of IAL, Mr. Ho has accumulated 40 years of experience in urban design, architecture and construction project management in Hong Kong. During his early professional path, he was involved in the design and construction of the Hong Kong Bank of China Tower, and was involved in various local public housing developments.
In IAL, he has directed and managed a wide spectrum of architectural and design projects, including universities, schools, ancillary infrastructure, and residential developments. Notably, Mr. Ho led the architectural design of C.C. Wu Hall at Kunming Polytechnic University (PRC), which received a Certificate of Excellence in the Public Space / Institution Category in the Perspective Awards 2013 and a Bronze Award for Architectural Interior / Public Area in the HKDA Global Design Awards 2013. His other relevant experience includes his Project Director role for the new extension of Ying Wa School and Ying Wa College, leading the Architectural Design for Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme (Drainage Services Department), and leading the Construction of a new Changing Facilities at Happy Valley Recreation Ground for LCSD and DSD.
Apart from his involvement in the field of architecture and urban planning, he also contributes his expertise in serving the following committees/organizations for the Government of HKSAR, professional institutions and NGOs:
Chairman of Task Force on Harbourfront Developments on Hong Kong Island, (2018 – present)
Member of Harbourfront Commission (2013 – present)
Member of Shenzhen Registered Architects Association (2012 – present)
Committee Member of Joint Conference on the Development of Kwun Tong (2002 – present)
Member of the Appeal Tribunal (Buildings) (2007 – 2018)
Nominee of FSD/AP Liaison Meeting (2016 – 2018)
Vice President of Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA) (2017 – 2018)
Vice President of Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design (HKIUD) (2014 – 2018)
Founding Member & Council Member of Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design (HKIUD) (2010 – 2018)
Director of Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) (2016 – 2020)
Chairman of Governance and Quality Committee of Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) (2017 – 2021)
Ms. Hsiung Yee Ming, Donna
Authorized Person (Architect), Registered Architect, PRC Class 1 Registered Architect Qualification, BEAM Pro, HKIA, RIBA, AHKIArb, Registered Inspector, Qualified Person, MHKIUD, MHKDA, Shenzhen Registered Architect Association, B. Arch (Auckland)
As the Director of IAL for 20 years, Ms. Hsiung has over 26 years of project experience in Hong Kong, PRC, Macau, Australia & New Zealand. Her Award winning designs include The New Extension Construction at Tsuen Wan Assessment Centre for the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (shortlisted Entry for the HKIA Annual Awards 2010 President’s Prize), and the Renovation of Beas River Old Club House for Hong Kong Jockey Club (Certificate of Excellence–HERITAGE in the Perspective Awards 2010). She was also the lead Architect for various other acclaimed public projects, including the Architectural Design for Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme (Drainage Services Department), the Construction of a New Changing Facilities at Happy Valley Recreation Ground for LCSD and DSD, providing Architectural Sub-Consultancy Services for Drainage Improvement Works in Mong Kok, and the Reprovisioning of Harcourt Road Fresh Water Pumping Station.
Some of Ms. Hsiung’s other contributions and community services include:
Chairlady of Authorized Persons Registration Committee (2018 – 2019)
Alternative Chair of Authorized Persons Registration Committee (2016 – 2017)
Alternate Member for Authorized Persons Registration Committee (2012 – 2013)
Member of the Advisory Committee of the Appearance Bridges and Associated Structures (ACABAS) (2014 – 2019)
Committee Member for Professional Development Committee for BEAM Society (2011 – present)
Member of Architects Registration Board (ARB) Registration Committee (2018 – 2022)
Member of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel (2016 – 2022)
Member of HKSAR Passports Appeal Board for HKSAR Security Bureau (2013 – 2018)
Adjudicator of the Registration of Persons Tribunal (2013 – 2018)
NEWS & EVENTS
- New Changing Room and Toilet Block (Happy Valley Recreation Ground) The Dancing Keys – Finalist of Green Building Award 2016
- Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme for Drainage Services Department, (HKSAR Government) has received a Merit Award- New Buildings Category Building under Construction in the Green Building Award 2014
- The Architectural and Interior Design of C.C. Wu Hall at Kunming Polytechnic University, PRC has received a Certificate of Excellence- Public Space / Institution Category in the Perspective Awards 2013
- C.C. Wu Hall at Kunming Polytechnic University, PRC – HKDA Global Design Awards 2013 for Architectural Interior / Public Area 2013
- Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme, Drainage Services Department – The Winner of 2012 IWA Project Innovation Awards-East Asia Regional Awards in Planning Category
- The Revitalization of Old Clubhouse, Beas River Country Club, Sheung Shui for the Hong Kong Jockey Club has received a Certificate of Excellence – Architectural (Professional) HERITAGE Category in the Perspective Awards 2010
- New Extension Construction & Fitting Out Work & Landscape Work at Tsuen Wan Assessment Centre for the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority was a shortlisted entry in the HKIA Annual Awards 2010 for President’s Prize
- The Reconstruction of Wong Shek Public Pier, commissioned by Civil Engineering and Development Department, was awarded the President’s Prize in the Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA) Annual Awards 2006